Pumpkin Bread by Kathie Christian
One of my best friends works at the Rise School, where her children went to school. She gave me a cookbook that is now dog-eared and covered with spills. As soon as the weather starts to change, I turn to this recipe. Everyone in my family loves it (the bread has even been stolen off the counter by one of our dogs, and my daughter bakes it when she’s home) and I like to bring it to school to share with coworkers and students. It’s amazing!
– Kathie Christian, 5th Grade Teacher
- 3 c. sugar
- 1 c. veg. oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 16-oz. can of pumpkin puree
- 5 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1 c. nuts, chopped (optional)
- Cream sugar and oil.
- Add eggs and pumpkin and mix well.
- Sift together dry ingredients, and add the dry mix and water to the pumpkin mixture in alternating turns, mixing thoroughly.
- Pour into two well-greased and floured mini-loaf pans (or muffin pans).
- Bake at 350 degrees. (Plan for about 1 hour, 10 min. for smaller loaf pans, about 25 min. for muffins.)