Grace School students are smart, joyful, confident learners who are excited to come to school each day. They have dynamic minds, restless spirits and bundles of endless possibilities.
Click on the video to learn more about the Grace School story and what makes us unique.
To provide a rigorous educational program that embraces the teachings of Jesus Christ in a safe and inclusive environment.
To inspire compassionate, thoughtful students eager to engage in the world around them.
This mission statement is the heart and soul of what we do at Grace School. It is our visible investment in your child, the reason behind our methods, and the faith that propels us forward. We hope you will partner with us as we relentlessly pursue excellence.
Grace School Belief Statement
We Believe …
- teaching and learning should be relevant, current, and rigorous.
- teachers should have a deep understanding of the developmental level of their students.
- effective educators are committed, self-motivated, courageous, and intentional.
- it is paramount to foster the growth of the mind, body, and spirit.
- leadership is shared by all and collaboration is used to advocate, nurture, and sustain an effective instructional program.
- in school-initiated family and community relationships.
- in developing the God-given gifts, talents, and uniqueness of each individual.
As one of Houston’s leading independent schools, Grace School is known by not only its rigorous academics and exceptional faculty and staff, but also by its student-focused approach to learning and teaching.
- Location: Houston, Texas (Westchase District)
- Founded: 1975
- Accreditations: AdvancedED (formerly known as the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools) and the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Memberships: National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), Council for Advancement and Support Education (CASE), Association of Supervision of Curriculum Development (ASCD), and Houston Association of Independent Schools (HAIS).
- Campus Size: 13 acres
- Grades: 20 months through eighth grade
- Students: More than 483 students with varying demographics and backgrounds
- Head of School: Liz Walgamuth, Ed.D., 2007 – Present
- Faculty: 78 Full-time faculty – All teachers are certified – many hold advanced degrees
- Graduates: Recent graduates have gone on to Houston’s leading high schools:
- Episcopal High School
- High School for the Performing and Visual Arts (HSPVA)
- Houston Christian High School
- Kinkaid School
- Memorial High School
- Second Baptist School
- St. Agnes Academy
- St. Pius X High School
- St. Thomas High School
- Strake Jesuit College Preparatory
- Stratford High School
- Westside High School